Robert J Ballantyne
The Great Solar Eclipse of 2017
On August 21, 2017, most of North America will see a partial eclipse of the sun. On that day thousands of people will travel to be in the Path of Totality.
Robert is one of the hopeful observers who will travel to that Path.
His talk will explore:
- What is special about a solar eclipse and the Path of Totality
- Why he has traveled to see 6 total eclipses and will soon travel to see a 7th
- Some of the fascinating astronomy associated with solar eclipses
- What he expects to see during that magical moment of totality
- What is so Great about this particular eclipse (the last Great North American eclipse was in 1979 when Robert co-hosted the live CBC coverage)
This will be an illustrated presentation.
Admission is open to Rotarians and the general public. The meeting will begin in Collins Hall at 7:30 PM.
Please Log in to make an announcement