Note: Responding to advice on managing COVID-19, regular Bowen Rotary in-person meetings were cancelled until further notice. This restriction has been partially lifted, so watch this site and check the RCBI Calendar (tab above) to see what has been scheduled.
The next meeting this month will be May 29th, featuring Sue Redman speaking on the Bowen Island Recycling Depot (B.I.R.D.) and her passion for recycling.
• • •
To relive the Rotary evening with Pauline Le Bel (Nov. 14, 2022) please follow this link: https://bowenrotary.com/speaker/pauline-le-bel-finds-bowen/
• • •
Phil Gregory’s video of his report to Rotary (Oct 24, 2022) about building a Resilient Food System, and the garden at the Grafton Commons on Bowen Island, is available for viewing at FOOD RESILIENCE SOCIETY ON BOWEN ISLAND
• • •
The recording of the meeting with Alex Kurial, Editor of the Undercurrent, on Monday October 17 at 7:15 PM, is available. Please click here. <<
Bowen Rotary receives a citation. Please click for details
Each year Rotary elects a new International President, and that President chooses a guiding theme to be used throughout the world of Rotary. For the year beginning July 1, 2022, The incoming President is Canadian, Jennifer Jones, and her theme is Imagine Rotary. Jennifer describes her vision in this video. >>click here
The video of the significant and timely talk on Climate Change, by Charles Ian McNeill, PhD to Bowen Rotary is available for viewing. << Click here.
An Evening of Scenes from Shanley, Feb 12th — A benefit for the Peka Project of Lesotho
10 television stars read scenes for award-winning screen writer, John Patrick Shanley.
The event is over, but you may still contribute. Click for details.
- During the RCBI meeting of April 11 our guest speaker provided a demonstration and talk — Lynn Krukowski shared her lifetime journey of discovery learning how and why to create Ukrainian Easter Eggs. For more information a video of the Zoom event, please Click Here <<
- To review the video of Robert Ballantyne’s talk during the RCBI Club Meeting on Mar. 14 <<Click this link
The Meeting featuring Cathy Peters discussing Human Sex Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation was held on Thursday, October 14 at Artisan Eats. The meeting was our first attempt to use Zoom to include remote participants as well as capture the live event. The Zoom recording is now available. Please click here. <<<
- To view the recording of the talk, All About B.I.R.C.H. with executive director Robyn Fenton, please click here <<.
If you missed the Talk by Wade Davis on his new book, Magdalena, River of Dreams, a video recording is available in our Speakers Archive << Click to view.
- On December 1View Page0, Edward Wachtman delivered an illustrated talk to describe the development of a Neighbourhood Emergency Response Program (NERP) on Bowen Island. The video is posted in the Speakers’ Archive. << Click to view.
- The video of Adam Taylor’s account of the underwater world of Átl’ka7tsem / Howe Sound on Oct 29, is posted here: Adam Taylor’s presentation to Bowen Rotary
- At the meeting of August 13 the special guest speaker was Margaret Butler, Founder of Komera. More about that talk, including the video, in the News section of this site. Recording: Presenting Margaret Butler.
- To learn more about this club, Rotary, and membership in this club, explore the articles under the ABOUT tab (above).