Rotary Run for Rwanda — 2017
Posted By Rotary Admin
Yet another lovely day in this endless summer for Bowfest and the Rotary Run for Rwanda. How wonderful for all of us!
Our run was as popular as ever and all was done before the parade came down Government Road. The kids did a great job and loved their medals and the treats! So many thanks are due to so many people: our runners and walkers who participated in our seventh annual run, our financial and in-kind donors and very importantly, our volunteers. We are fortunate to have a dedicated band of Rotarians and non-Rotarians who turn out year after year to lend a hand to make our run a success, which means funds to support disadvantaged young girls in Rwanda to complete high school and university via Komera Canada.
Here are the winners of the runs:
Kids’ 1.5K run:
- Girls: Rachel Millau;
- Boys: Finlay Boggan.
- 1st: Meredith McGregor (20:12);
- 2nd: Taylor McIntosh (20:45);
- 3rd: Rebecca Johnstone (20:47).
- 1st: Oscar Ryan (20:28);
- 2nd: Christopher Windeler (23:07);
- 3rd: Ryland Bentall, (23:10).
- 1st: Megan McPhee (44:04);
- 2nd: Kim Hall (44:32);
- 3rd: Jill Kenney & Gill Bentall (47:28).
- 1st: Colin Kerr with stroller (42:37);
- 2nd: Aaron Andersen (42:59);
- 3rd: Yousef Mian (43:46).
Detailed results for the 5K and 10K runs are on the Rotary Run for Rwanda website, plus photos of all runners! Check out your running style!