Bowen Island Emergency Support Services
Bowen Island Emergency Support Services (ESS)
This meeting is open to the public and all are welcome.
For online security, to attend, please note the protocols described below.
Time: March 11, 2021 7:30 PM Vancouver (we open the meeting at 7:15 PM for some informal time together)
This will be an online Zoom meeting. To join, use this URL:
Or use your Zoom app and enter this meeting ID: 818 1151 3445
Please use the following security protocol:
- Each participant will arrive in a waiting room and will be admitted by President Hilary Butler. No password is required.
- Please use your full real name.
- If Hilary does not know you personally, please call her in advance and introduce yourself at (604) 947-2315 so you can be admitted to the meeting.
Emergency Support Services (ESS) provides short term assistance to those who are forced to leave their homes because of fire, floods, earthquakes or other emergencies. Assistance may include food, lodging, clothing, emotional support and family reunification services. ESS may also provide specialized services such as first aid, child minding, pet care and transportation.
In the event of an emergency a reception center would be set up as a central base for evacuees who are forced to abandon their homes. Currently on Bowen Island, there are a dozen designated potential Reception Centres.
- Collins Hall, BI United Church, 1120 Miller Rd
- Royal Canadian Legion #150, 1267 Scarborough Rd
- Catholic Church (St Gerards), 1111 Miller Rd
- BI Community School, 1041 Mt Gardner Rd
- Tir NaNog, 585 Rivendell Dr
- The Gallery, 430 Bowen Island Trunk Rd
- Xenia Retreat, 782 Smith Rd
- BI Golf Club, 810 Beach Dr
- BI Lodge, 380 Cardena Rd
- Rivendell Retreat Centre, 600-601 Rivendell Dr
- Tunstall Bay Clubhouse, 1654 Tunstall Blvd
- Cates Hill Chapel, 661 Carter Road
Please Log in to make an announcement